Before you upload an arrangement
You can only upload your arrangement into the Exchange once the following criteria has been met:
- All songs in the request are approved
- The request is fully paid (i.e., each song in the request has been paid for)
- The arranger has signed the Work For Hire agreement
- Any restrictions placed on the request by the publishers have been reviewed
You can check whether these criteria have been met by logging into your account, finding the request in question in your license list view, and checking the status column.
Upload your arrangement
Please note that only arrangers are able to upload arrangements. Due to publisher restrictions, we're not able to upload an arrangement on the arranger's behalf, and we can't allow directors to upload on the arranger's behalf.
Once all the above criteria have been met and you're ready to upload your arrangement, find the request in the license list view in your account. Then, hit the 'upload arrangement' link in the 'action required' column next to the request.
- Tip: If your account is both a director and arranger account, make sure you're in the 'as arranger' tab of your account. You won't be able to upload arrangements from your 'as director of . . .' tab.
- Your arrangement must be merged into one file
- Must be a PDF file
- The title(s) and composers of each song in your custom arrangement must appear on the front page of the score and each part
If you need to edit your arrangement after uploading it into the Exchange, you can do so anytime by following the instructions for uploading an arrangement (the 'upload' link will be replaced by an 'upload replacement' link).
Download your arrangement
Once an arrangement is uploaded, the director of the ensemble will be able to download the arrangement in their own account by clicking the 'download arrangement' link next to the request in the licenses list in their account.
- Tip: If you're both an arranger and director, make sure you're on the 'as director of . . .' tab in your account. You won't be able to download the arrangement from the 'as arranger' tab.
how do i upload the arrangement?